NWKRTC has invited Request for Proposals for the Development of Modern Bus Station and commercial complex on NWKRTC site at Belgaum on Public Private Partnership (PPP) Basis. The Bids for the same will be opened on 02.09.2010. The estimated Project Cost Rs. 25.70 crores and will be built on Lease-cum-Development Format Design-Build-Operate-Transfer (DBOT) basis.
The project site (CBT and divisional Workshop) measures around 5.76 acres.
The entire project will be executed in two stages and on two sites Site one- CBT measuring 3.76 acres and 2 acres of the divisional workshop.
Proposed structure of the new the new Bus station
The new bus stand will have 41 bus bays, bus circulation and parking areas, auto-rickshaw lane, taxi parking lane, basement parking for private vehicles, passenger entry/ exit, Terminal building consisting of passenger circulation and waiting areas, ticket/ reservation counters, cloak room, first-aid room, waiting rooms, passenger amenities like drinking water, toilets, yatri nivas etc., restaurant, shops, kiosks and administrative offices, crew restrooms, parcel office and other facilities
The existing Belgaum Central Bus Station of NWKRTC is located in the heart of Belgaum city on an area of 3.08 acres. The adjacent NWKRTC Divisional Workshop is located on 4.68 acres and is proposed to be shifted to a new location on the outskirts of the town.
Currently the stand has 10 Platforms with 22 bus bays and operates 1158 bus trips a day. However, they are insufficient due to increasing bus traffic and passenger growth. The bus movement area has rigid pavement and the terminal departure bays are covered with truss structure roof.
With the growing population the proposed traffic is as follows:
30 bus bays and passenger amenities for around 1,500 passengers presently
• 41 bus bays and passenger amenities for around 2,000 passengers by 2015 and
• 74 bus bays and passenger amenities for around 3,700 passengers by 2031
The proposed Bus Station on Project Site-I is designed to meet peak requirements till 2015, after which NWKRTC may plan to construct Phase-2 of the bus station to accommodate 74 bus bays, which will meet peak requirements till 2031.
Development of Phase-1 of the new modern bus station is proposed to be developed on Project Site-I of around 3.76 acres as part of this Project.
The new station will have
• 41 bus bays to meet peak requirements till 2015
• Passenger amenities like waiting areas, toilets, bathrooms etc
• Waiting rooms for men and women
• Entrance lobby with reservation counters, ATM and security kiosks
• Restaurant & shops
• First Aid room and pharmacy
• Cloak room and parcel office
• NWKRTC administrative office & crew rest rooms
• Yatri nivas, Basement vehicle parking for cars and 2-wheelers, Auto-rickshaw and taxi lanes & User friendly for physically challenged persons.
Retail development comprising of retail stores and food courts/restaurants will be on Project Site-II of around 2.00 acres.